We operate a full library service, in partnership with Hull City Council, through over 60 Volunteer Library Assistants, with many more volunteers carrying out the huge range of other tasks required to keep the library operating, all managed by a Trustee Board of 10 local residents, library users and volunteers.
APCL provides all you would expect from a local library
- Adult fiction and non-fiction (including large print)
- Large selection of children’s and teenage books
- Audio books (small charge)
- An ordering service (small charge)
- Public Network computers
Hull City Library card holders have full access to all of the above and new members are welcome to sign up at the library. Membership is free and gives access to the Hull City Library catalogue where you can order or renew books. Your ordered books will be delivered to Anlaby Park Community Library.
Search the Hull City Council Library Catalogue here…
We also provide
- A service for visits from local schools
- Outreach library to residents of Lees Rest Homes.
Charged for services
- Printing (including colour)
There’s a Coffee Corner where you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea accompanied by a piece of delicious homemade cake. It’s a space where visitors can meet new people, catch up with friends or sit and enjoy a quiet read.
The library has wheelchair access, a hearing loop and a disabled friendly toilet.